Saturday, December 27, 2014

From The Eternal Sea He Rises

Work has been continuing at an excellent pace on my Reaper Cthulhu - in fact, by the time you read this, I'll have completed work on him.  Yes, my painting is happily outpacing my blogging, but I wanted to stop and show you some "in progress" shots.

First off, a good shot of the tonal changes on his belly and thighs:


Next, a headshot, showing the color gradients from back of skull to tentacles:


His nails have been done; it doesn't show up real well here, but they're a very dark gray, not quite black:

And this is the beginning of something a little sneaky; I decided that I didn't want my Cthulhu to just be simply green...I wanted some patterning to him, something inspired by nature.  My first thought was a fine stippling with a dark green down the spine, but that morphed a bit...


No comments:

Post a Comment