Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All

As a gift, the first draft playest rules for A.R.M.Y.M.E.N. is now available for download on the right there.

Gina was kind enough to give me a set of noise-cancelling headphones for Christmas - I can now safely work in my office without having the endless gossip of the people around me drowning out my music or podcasts - I'm thinking I'll test-drive these babies on Monday with the Hardcore History podcast's series on the Mongol invasions - nice, relaxing listening with an educational bent; I strongly recommend it.  I listened to the Mongol series almost two years ago when I was at my last job and enjoyed it; I've got some vague ideas about building a Mongol DBA army and some of their enemies in 1/72 scale plastic once I'm done with my 28mm plastics so I'm jonesing to listen to that again.

I've gotten a little more work done on Cthulhu with highlighting and shading, but it's subtle enough that while he looks good to the eye, the camera isn't picking up the tonal changes real well.  Pictures to come once I've got something done that will show up.

Gina's estranged from her family, unfortunately, but we spent the evening with my mom's side of the family last night and had a very good time and on Sunday we're driving out again for brunch with my parents and sister.  This is our first Christmas actually spent together despite having been a couple for four years now; long distance relationships and all that.

2 comments: