Friday, November 4, 2016

Bats Out of Hell

I purchased the first regiment for my Kings of War army today at Just Games - a box of Warhammer 8th edition (NOT Age of Sigmar! Yay not having to buy 40mm square bases to put them on!) Vampire Count "Vargheists." These were not a unit that existed the last time I looked at Warhammer Fantasy Battles (which was, I believe, during 6th edition), but they're some darn fine models and they proxy perfectly as a regiment of Werewolves in Kings of War, the official models for which I'm not a fan of.



I started assembling the first of my Vargheists, the fellow on the viewer's left on the cover of the box, sans wings - I'll glue those on once painting is completed, because otherwise there's no damn way I'm getting the spray primer in there, let alone my brush.



I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of the "one wing up, one wing down" poses but I understand that they're designed to be able to line up three of them without significant overlap.  I'm planning on going back to Just Games tomorrow (shhhh!) and picking up Reaper's "Altar of Evil"  scenery piece to include on the rightmost Vargheist's base - with him perched atop it, looking like he's just landed.  I think the elevation will help with getting the models to align nicely and not be swatting each other with their wings, and add a little more visual interest to the group.  Plus, the metal "Altar" comes with a female victim - exactly what every vampire needs!

1 comment: